2/14/2011 02:46:00 PM - 0 comments
A new jailbreak app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (iPad support is coming in version 2.1) hit the alternative App Store for jailbroken iOS device is now available for download. The developer of the security-focused app called Lockdown Pro has just updated his wares to version 2.0 to offer a much stringent and easy to configure password protect security for your iOS apps.
The Lockdown Pro version 2.0 was developed to allow you to lock and unlock their applications directly from your applications. Meaning, you don’t have to perform a special process / action to password protect your apps. Locking and unlocking is just a snap. Just simply hold down an app icon to get into wiggle mode, then click the little lock icon on the bottom right corner of apps and folders to change that app to be locked or unlocked.
Key features of Lockdown Pro app version 2.0 include:
- Ability to lock all applications and folders you create.
- Lock/Unlock apps directly from your springboard.
- SBSettings toggle available for Lockdown Pro (search for it in Cydia).
- Can choose between alphabetic or numeric password.
- Custom passwords for different applications.
- Delay Lock, Lock application Delete, Lock application Movement, and more features..
- Settings integrated into your native settings, so no extra icon taking up space on your springboard.
- Retina Display lock/unlock graphics.
Lockdown Pro version 2.0 app for iPhone and iPod Touch (running on iOS 3.0 and iOS 4.x) is available in Cydia App Store via Big Boss repository.
Since this app is in Cydia App Store, you must have a jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch in order to access Cydia to install this great app. If you don’t have a jailbroken iOS device then you can follow our step-by-step guide to untether jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using Redsn0w 0.9.7 [link] or Greenpois0n RC5 [link].