11/19/2010 09:58:00 AM - 1 comments
If you have unlocked your iPhone 4 and you want to upgrade to the iOS 4.1 without losing your unlock then I have great news for you today. You can actually upgrade to the iOS 4.1 without upgrading the Baseband from 1.59.00 to 2.10.04.
The Apple iOS 4.1 firmware has some really great features such as a Game Centre, HDR photography and HD video uploading to YouTube. All these features come with the iOS 4.1 and if you haven’t already upgraded because of an unlock problem then here is how you can solve that.
Below I have listed that steps that you need to take to save the ECID SHSH (SHSH blobs) of the iOS 4.1 on the iPhone 4. If you follow these you will be able to upgrade to the iOS 4.1 without having to upgrade your current baseband and lose your unlock.
1. The first thing that you have to do is download and install TinyUmbrella and Apple iTunes 10.1.
2. Once you have this done the next thing to do is to launch TinyUmbrella and connect your iPhone 4 to your computer. If you are running Windows 7 you might encounter a Windows Security Alert so you will have to click on the allow access button to continue.
3. Make sure that you have iTunes installed and running on your computer.
4. Connect your iDevice, this could be an iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G or 2G, or an iPad. Now all you have to do is wait for TinyUmbrella to detect your device.
5. The next step is to click on the Save My SHSH button.
6. That’s all there is to it, TinyUmbrella will actually make the request through Cydia so that Cydia will have your device’s SHSH signatures on file immediately. You will then have two copies of ECID SHSH on one local file in the .shsh directory of the home directory. The other copy is stored on the Saurik’s servers.
If you want to try out the new iOS 4.1 then all you have to do is follow these steps. There are some great things waiting for you when you do.