7/23/2009 07:07:00 PM - 6 comments
To know exactly how much of your battery life is remaining is a really useful thing. Apple has included the 'battery percentage' in the iPhone OS 3.0 for this reason. They made this feature 3 GS only so the iPhone classic and the 3G users can't use it although they could. The feature is hidden on the older iPhone's OS. It is quite easy to activate it. The only thing to do is to follow the instructions below.
- Access your iPhone via SSH (How to SSH into your iPhone)
- Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
- Download M68AP.plist
- Open this file with a plist-editor
- Create a new 'boolean' in the 'capabilities' folder
- Name it 'gas-gauge-battery' (=Boolean Key) and set the value to 'true'
- Save the edited plist file and upload it to your iPhone
- Reboot your device
to activate or deactivate the battery percentage go to settings -> General -> Usage -> battery percentage
Now enjoy the 'new' feature! If you don't like it anymore, simply turn it off.