6/09/2009 01:59:00 PM - 1 comments
Apple has announced a lot of new things on yesterdays WWDC keynote. Here's what:
iPhone 3G S - The new iPhone
Apple has finally announced a new iPhone - The iPhone 3G S! It is the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet ( what a surprise). Here is a short summary of it's new features:
- camera: The iPhone 3G S has a completely new camera (3MP). It supports Autofokus, better photos if it is dark and video-recording. According to Apple it is going to be the most used mobile phone camera on YouTube.
- Voice Control: With the new iPhone you can dial a number, call a friend and use the iPod App with the sound of your finger. To activate it you simply have to press and hold the home button for 1 second.
- VoiceOver:The same thing works also the other way round. If it is needed, the new iPhone reads the things, which are displayed on your screen.
- Integrated compass: The new iPhone has an integrated compass that can be used with Google Maps, Navigation Software or just to orientate yourself.
- Nike+ Support
- Improved battery live: Internet use: 9h (6h 3g), listen to music 30h (24h), Talk time up to 12h (10h)
The new iPhone will be available on June 19th. There will be a 16GB (199$, AT&T) and a 32 GB (299$, AT&T) iPhone. The iPhone 3G with 8GB is still buyable for 99$ (AT&T).
- Design: As you can see in this TV comercial, Apple has NOT changed the design of the new iPhone compared to the iPhone 3G. So the pictures we showed you are a fake, or maybe a picture of the next iPhone after the iPhone 3G S?
If you want some more information about the new iPhone you can watch Apple's guided tour.
iPhone OS 3.0
Most of the things Apple presented at the WWDC about the new iPhone OS were already known from the special event in March (-> Article). The only really new thing was, that AT&T wont support tethering and MMS for the first few Months.
It will be available on June 17th worldwide! OS 3.0 is free for iPhone users. iPod Touch users have to pay 9,99$ for the update.
Appart from the new iPhone 3G S and the iPhone OS 3.0 Apple has also announced some new Mac and Mac OS specific Updates
Apple has Updated or/and lowered the prices of their complete Notebook series.
the 15" one now has a SD Card slot, an improved Battery (7h battery live). The cheapest model is 1699$.
The MacBook Air (1499$) and the 17" Macbook Pro (2499$) are now sold cheaper.
The smalest Macbook with a 13" screen is now caled MacBook Pro instead of only Macbook. It also comes with a Sd Card slot and a better battery. It supports fireWire 800.
Snow Leopard will be shipping in September. Apple said that they wanted to improve Leopard, which they love. So the main things they did were refinements. Leopard Users will have to pay 29$ for an upgrade.
Finally, Apple's web-browser Safari 4 is out. It is the fastest web-browser on any platform. The new Safari is available today for Mac and PC.
Watch the WWDC
If you are interested in watching the WWDC you can do that if you follow this link! The Video is about 2h 15 min long.